A packaging box is the outfit of your product. It protects the product from damage, attracts the target audience, and gives out relevant information to influence purchase decisions. To stand out in today’s competitive marketplace, focusing on product quality and marketing campaigns is as important as focusing on product packaging. A packaging design is the first interaction of the product with the customer. It helps with product identification and brand recognition. For example, a minimalistic design such as that of Apple, or a colorful cosmetic packaging box to attract the feminine crowd.
Let us explore how businesses can harness the potential of product packaging to create a memorable brand experience and drive business growth.
Packaging can drive sales and business growth: attractive product packaging is the first point of contact between the product and the consumer. When the product packaging is well designed for a target audience, they are sure to get attracted, become interested, and make a purchase decision. A thoroughly designed product packaging box includes attractive graphics that tell the brand story, & all information relevant to the product that helps the consumer make a positive purchase decision. For example, a luxury brand may use elegant and premium materials to convey a sense of exclusivity. In contrast, a sustainable brand may opt for eco-friendly packaging to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
You may own multiple products, but when your brand story and theme are standard, and the same is conveyed through your packaging design, it surely helps in brand recognition and recall and ultimately in repeat sales.
Packaging can induce brand recognition and loyalty: A powerful package design conveys how the consumers will perceive your product and brand. A well-designed product packaging represents the quality and confidence of the brand. On the other hand, low-quality and standard-designed packaging will deliver a poor impression of the brand and product, even if the product could be outstanding. When consumers recognize your packaging, it will induce positive emotions of recognition, trust, and loyalty, leading to sales.
How to make powerful product packaging?
- Know the audience, know the product– Once you know who your product is made for, creating a stunning packaging design for them becomes easy. Knowing your target audience, and their demographics such as age, gender, preferences, and values is helpful in designing a product package that connects with them.
- Know the competition: Once you have identified your products, also study the competitors and their products. Understand their packaging design and identify ways your product and its packaging can be differentiated and stand out.
- Let your packaging convey your brand story to create an emotional connection with your audience. If your packaging is eco-friendly, reduces waste, and can be reused, let the same be conveyed on your packaging.
- Don’t be afraid to go wrong. Gather insights and feedback and redesign your product packaging if need be. The new packaging design is sure to garner more attention and sales.
- Be informed of packaging trends in your industry. Trends keep changing and you must walk with them to stay powerful and achieve growth.
- Make user-friendly packaging designs. Your product packaging must be attractive as well as easy to open. You don’t want your customers to be frustrated when unlocking multiple layers and creating a negative brand impression. Packaging that is easy to open, functional, able to reuse, easy to read and understand, with clear instructions and legible fonts, ensures a positive experience for all consumers.
Remember packaging is not only for protecting the product contents, but also a chance to create a lasting brand impression on the customers. Packaging design is a powerful tool for sales growth and increasing brand loyalty. Make your product packaging a powerful asset for your brand.